Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse

Are your stockings hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas will soon be there? Mine are. Despite it being only a gas fireplace, Santa still makes it down my chimney year after year. The Christmas cookies are all baked, the house is looking quite festive, Christmas cards are mailed, and best of all the presents are all wrapped! 


Those who know me certainly know that having all of the Christmas shopping done and everything wrapped before Christmas Eve is an oddity for me. My son was most bemused when he saw all of the wrapped presents that started appearing under the tree last week. I come from a family of last-minute shoppers. I remember closing down the Northway Mall in Marshfield, Wisconsin on many a Christmas Eve past. Now I did not say that the presents were beautifully wrapped with all of the trimming as I will admit that I am the world's worst package wrapper. But my horrible wrapping job won't really matter come Christmas Eve.


Now that all of the work is done, it's time to relax and enjoy Christmas. My wish for you is that you have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas with your family and friends. Take some time to enjoy all that Christmas has to offer.


So my readers . . . "Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!"  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job superMom!!!

I have 1/2 the presents wrapped (but I think I have the shopping done thanks to Amazon), only 2 types of cookies baked, no X-mas cards out and the halls only partially decked (but this is as far as they will get this year).

Yes, if it were not for Amazon, I would be spending tomorrow with Etsuko running from all stores from ToysR'us to Target looking for that special want that Santa is expected to bring this year. Instead, I see adult conversation, a cup of coffee and shopping for clothes for ME tomorrow.

Wish you were here with us!

Have fun last-minute shopping with Mom and Dad when you get home. Merry X-mas!