Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My AVEDA Addiction

AVEDA then.
Never used the Clove stuff,
 but imagine the bottle reads Chamomile
The year is 1983. The place is the middle of nowhere Central Wisconsin. The girl is short, blonde, incredibly stylish on her limited "Sophomore in High School" budget, and desperate for a change to her horrible 80s hair. Enter AVEDA.


In not sure if AVEDA Concept Salons existed in Marshfield, Wisconsin in 1983 but my stylist Cindy first introduced me to AVEDA. At her Barbers Hair Salon she used and effectively hooked my teenage self on AVEDA Chamomile Shampoo and Conditioner. I can still remember the fragrant aroma of chamomile wafting out of that bottle of shampoo and the 1970s-era, signature brown AVEDA bottle with yellow flowers on it. I've been addicted ever since.

If you've ever used AVEDA products, the scent is what draws you in. Heavenly, serene, calming, earthy. Then you use the product and it works like a dream. You're hooked. And I don't mean it wears off or loses it's vitality after a few months. AVEDA products are keepers!

But wait, there's more. From the packaging to the product in bottle, it's environmentally friendly. People who know me know that I'm not an extreme "tree-hugger," but I do greatly respect companies that are green. AVEDA has been "green" long before the green movement ever gained momentum and global popularity. All of their products are plant-based, tested humanely, and safe. With the recent headlines about lead in most of the leading lipsticks on the market, I'm pleased to say that I can eat my lipstick if I choose. It's perfectly safe.

AVEDA now.
A selection from Christianna's AVEDA collection
I'm proud to admit that I've been loving my AVEDA products for over 30 years now and have no intention of stopping. There are very few brands out there that I consistently use and promote but AVEDA is clearly at the top of my list—a happy AVEDA addict from 1983 to 2013!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been addicted to Aveda products since approx. 2003. It all happened when I was staying overnight at a friend's house and borrowed her conditioner because I forgot mine. It happened to be an Aveda deep conditioner and I had never even heard of the brand before. I will never forget the wonderful smell coming from my hair that day during my drive back to my home. By the time I got home I had located an Aveda salon and drove there immediately to start my collection. I currently rotate through 13 different shampoos, conditioners, and styling products. The scent of Aveda coming from my hair is PURE BLISS! By the way, I stumbled upon your blog in this way: I just got back from getting my hair cut/ colored (at an Aveda salon, of course) and my colorist, who has been with Aveda for quite a few years, was telling me about retro Aveda products that needed to be refrigerated. I came home and started searching for pictures of retro Aveda products and came across your blog with the old clove shampoo bottle :) I'm currently trying to figure out a way to display my Aveda collection in the bathroom.

Christianna said...

Another Aveda addict! I'm glad you love Aveda as much as I do and so happy that you found my blog. I hope that you keep reading the blog, and thanks for the comment!