Thursday, January 10, 2013

Embarking on Downton Abbey


"You've pronounced it wrong," corrected a friend. "It's DownTON Abbey, not DownTOWN Abbey!" Whoops, my Downton Abbey ignorance is showing. I've not yet journeyed into the addicting world of Downton Abbey but I've been warned that I may not surface for awhile once I venture in. I received the first two seasons of this PBS Masterpiece series for Christmas and have yet to watch a single episode. Starting in on a brand new job right before Christmas has dramatically curbed my TV watching.

I remember vaguely hearing good things about this show and then the flood of Downton Abbey posts hit Facebook over the weekend right before the third season aired on Sunday night. Being a self-proclaimed Anglophile for a variety of reasons, Downton Abbey should be a perfect replacement for that long overdue trip back to England.

I'm about to figure out what all the fuss is about. How could Downton Abbey possibly be as good as the PBS Pride and Prejudice series? Given that it is 32° and pouring down freezing rain tonight, I see a perfect opportunity for some quality Downton Abbey viewing. I promise to report back and let you know if I end up as addicted as all of my Facebook friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you love it as much as we do! We bought the 3rd season and are already half way through it! Amy and Peter