Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day 2013

To all you Mom's out there, Happy Mother's Day! In my timezone, it is still technically Mother's Day for another 90 minutes.

This year's Mother's Day mimicked a real day in the life of a Mom, not a holiday. Even though the calendar said today is Mother's Day, being Mom doesn't stop just because the calendar (or Hallmark) gave Moms their "day."

Don't get me wrong, I had a terrific Mother's Day! Rolling over at 5:30 am and ignoring my alarm clock was heavenly. Along with a great workout, followed by my latte from Caribou Coffee. Then the marathon began. Let's just say that who ever planned the finale orchestra concert that consumed most of the afternoon of Mother's Day was not a mother. Again an incredible concert and always a joy to watch my daughter perform. But would I rather have been outside in the sunshine on a cloudless May afternoon digging in my garden and planting out my window boxes? Perhaps.

To all of you Moms out there who cooked brunch for your entire extended family, volunteered your time at the local resale shop, ran a 5K race with your kids, or attended your son's Little League baseball game, thank you for being there. Being a Mom really is all about giving your all, even on Mother's Day.

No comments: